Northwestern Air Lease offers cargo services to various communities aboard our passenger flights1, but we don’t stop there! With the help of multiple third-party interlining airlines aside local and international couriers such as FEDEX, we can reach out to many other destinations in North America to see that your package makes it to where it needs to be.
- Fort Smith
- Fort Chipewyan
- Hay River
- High Level
Even though we fly into the Fort McMurray community, we do not currently offer a cargo service at this location.
- Local pick-up and delivery
- Time sensitive shipment forwarding
- Frozen and refrigerated goods
- Transportation of domestic live animals2
- Transportation of dangerous goods3
1. Please note that cargo does not take priority over our passengers and their allowed baggage; therefore, we cannot guarantee same day service. Please speak to one of our cargo representatives for more information.
2. For cargo transportation we will accept hard-top kennels only. Animals must be stored in a kennel appropriately accommodating their size, being able to stand and sit comfortably in the crate without their head touching the roof; unless with the approval of veterinary personnel in the case of a medical emergency. All animals inappropriately stored will be denied boarding. To prevent accidents, we also ask that animals fast prior to their arrival at the Northwestern Air Lease cargo facility. Please consider that live animals being transported as cargo will be treated with the same priority as other shipments. If it is of the utmost urgency that your animal is evacuated, please consider purchasing an airline ticket and accompanying the animal to its destination. Max kennel size that our aircraft can accommodate is 24” wide by 36” long by 32” high. One animal per carrier. For questions about shipping animals apart from cats and dogs, please contact our cargo service representative to see if we can accommodate your pet’s special needs.
3. Excluding Radioactive Shipments
Can't find our check-in counter?
Freight Forwarding in Edmonton provided by:
- Det’on Cho Logistics
- 3715 – 56th Avenue East
- Edmonton International Airport, Alberta, T9E 0V4
Freight Forwarding in Yellowknife provided by:
- Tundra Transfer
- 325 Old Airport Road Yellowknife, NT