Below you will find a summary of our baggage policies. A complete list of our baggage terms and conditions can be found in our Tariff.
Lost or delayed baggage
- If your bag doesn’t arrive on the same flight as you, NWAL will provide compensation of any baggage fees
- If you incurred expenses due to baggage delay we will compensate you for reasonable and necessary out-of-pocket
- If your bag is not located within 21 days, we will pay you the value of the baggage liability compensation outlined in our tariff or a mutually settled alternate
- Upon arrival to your destination if you’re unable to locate a piece of your luggage, please report the missing bag to our airport staff within 4 hours;
- If you’ve left the airport, please report your missing bag in writing within 7 days of your flight arrival.
Claims of damaged baggage will be reviewed and compensation may be provided as outlined in our tariff. Exceptions include normal wear and tear or damage resulting from a defective bag.
- Upon arrival at your destination report the damage to our airport staff;
- If you’ve left the airport, please report your missing bag in writing within 7 days of after your flight arrival. Please include a photo of the damage along with your claim.
Submitting a baggage claim
Baggage claims must be submitted in writing and can be send by email or mail.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwestern Air Lease Ltd.
Attention – Cargo Dept
Fort Smith, NT
Your baggage claim must include:
- Your name and contact information;
- Your date of travel;
- An explanation of your claim;
In the case of missing baggage, a detailed description of the lost item.