A tarmac delay at departure begins after the doors of the aircraft are closed for take-off. A tarmac delay on arrival begins after the flight has landed.
During all tarmac delays NWAL will ensure passengers are given the following, free of charge:
- access to working washrooms;
- proper ventilation and heating or cooling;
- food and drink in reasonable quantities; and
- ways to communicate with people outside the plane, where feasible.
After a three-hour tarmac delay:
- Our plane will return to the gate so that you can disembark, unless this is not possible, for safety, security or air traffic control reasons.
- Our planes can stay on the tarmac for up to 45 extra minutes if it is likely that it will take off within that period and the airline is able to continue providing the items listed above.
If a tarmac delay occurs after landing we will ensure to provide you an opportunity to disembark as soon as is feasible.