NWT Chief Public Health Officer Orders the prohibition of travel to the NWT with limited exceptions.
If you are not on the “exception list” you will not be allowed to board our flights
If you are returning to the NWT – once you arrive into your communitie there will be a phone # posted that you have to phone and identify yourself
You have to enter a MANDATORY 14 day isolation period (even if you do not show any symptoms)
The following exceptions to this border closure will be granted entry:
- NWT residents
- People working as part of the supply chain getting vital goods and food into the NWT
- Flight crews
- Medical travel patients from Kitikmeot
- Healthcare professionals, law enforcement, and those who support services that, if interrupted, could endanger residents’ lives, health, or safety
- Workers building GNWT infrastructure
- Mine workers and oil workers coming up from the south
- People who cross the NWT border while out on the land, as long as they don’t enter any communities
These are difficult and confusing times for us all. Lets work together to ensure the safety of everyone.
Once we receive any more information we will provide the information here.
Thank You, stay safe.
Preventive Trips For Travel
Travel with your own regulation-size hand sanitizers or disinfectant wipes (in containers 100 ml/100 g or less)
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
Stay home if you are sick
When coughing or sneezing:
Cover your mouth and nose with your arm or tissues to reduce the spread of germs
Immediately dispose of any tissues you have used into the garbage as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards